The Bridge Primary Resource Centre
The Bridge is a recently opened library and resource centre which assists local primary schools and their students.
The Bridge gives free booster lessons to help students pass the Primary Leaving Exam and get access to secondary education.
- a unique and innovative concept
- developing a reading culture in young, local children
- encouraging the fun of learning by offering access to books, educational toys and activities
- provides vital support to 7 local primary schools for pupils aged 3-14
- includes a well-resourced library, a Maths and an English classroom
- staffed with well qualified primary teachers
- offers free regular, booster English and Maths lessons.These help pupils pass vital exams to continue to secondary school
- supports a Special Needs unit with dedicated materials and teaching • benefits about 2,500 children locally
- provides a much needed ‘bridge’ to enable pupils to make the difficult jump from primary to secondary school
- even if the child’s primary school is under-resourced and poorly staffed, it does not mean that the child needs to be penalised and held back from making progress.